Rights and Responsibilities
- The practice will manage medical conditions according to the highest standards as defined by the profession.
- All staff will treat you with courtesy and respect.
- You will receive appropriate information regarding your medical condition and treatment.
- Partners, nurses and staff will be encouraged to undertake appropriate further training.
- Patient should attend their consultations at the arranged times and if this is not possible should inform the practice as soon as possible.
- Patients should understand that consultations are for one person only. A further consultation should be booked for more than one person.
- Patients are responsible for their own health and the health of their children and should co-operate with the practice in trying to keep themselves healthy.
- House call requests should only be made for those who are housebound or terminally ill. Most medical problems are dealt with more effectively in the clinical setting of a surgery.
- We ask that patients treat the staff and doctors with respect and courtesy. The practice operates a zero tolerance policy with regard to aggression and violence towards staff and doctors.